Student life


Does the University of Miskolc provide accommodation for its foreign students?

Yes, all foreign students are entitled to accommodation in one of our dormitories, if they pay the required accommodation fee and fill out the dormitory registration form sent in advance. In the case of non-payment of the accommodation fee or missing to fill out the registration form, the university does not guarantee accommodation in the dormitory. 


Can I move into a dormitory room with my friends?

Yes, however, at the beginning of each academic year, this intention must be indicated at least 2 weeks before the registration week. In the official email, it is necessary to indicate by name the students who want to live in the same dormitory room. 


Who is going to help me until I adjust to the new surroundings? 

You will have an assigned mentor and a mentor coordinator who will happy to help you. You can also count on the colleagues of the International Relations Office (in administrative matters) as well as the faculty coordinators and your lecturers (in academic issues). 


In Miskolc, how can I spend my free time?

You can find more information about the opportunities via the following link:


Can I work during my studies in Hungary?

• If you are a student coming from an EEA state (member states of the EU and Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, and Lichtenstein), there is no limitation regarding the working hours and you need to hold a registration card.

• If you are a citizen of a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (non-EEA state), you can be employed during your studies with a residence permit for study purposes and work 30 hours a week during your study period, or 90 days or 66 working days outside your study period.


What leisure time opportunities are there on campus?

14 tennis courts, an athletics track, basketball and streetball courts, a football pitch, a sports hall, and a swimming pool can be found on the campus. There are fitness rooms and gyms in the Sports Hall (the round building opposite the Uni-Hotel).

The campus also has a restaurant, a cafe, a bar and a nightclub.

Many hiking trails start from the area into the Bükk Mountains.


I have dietary restrictions. Can I arrange my meals on the campus?

Yes, it is possible to have meals according to special needs in the restaurants available on campus.


Is there internet access at the university?

Yes, the university, the dormitories and the campus area have free internet access and WiFi service available. 


What support does the University of Miskolc provide to students with disabilities?

Foreign students with disabilities must submit a certificate of disability from their home country to ELTE National Pedagogical Service (​

ELTE GYOPSZ will certify the existence of the disability based on the certified translation of the document without any additional examination.​ A brief cover letter in English or Hungarian is sufficient.

Discounts students with disabilities are entitled to at the University of Miskolc:

- Interchangeability of oral and written tasks/exams​

- Increased time to perform tasks or pass exams (30% more)

- ​Use of PC or other supportive tools or specific materials​

- Break during a lesson​

- Authorised break in an exam​

- Extra consultation hours with teachers​

- Spelling mistakes not taken into account​

- Shorter time for class attendance​

- Learning over a longer time frame​

- A helper who can take lecture notes​

- Dedicated room exclusively for disabled students​

IMPORTANT: According to the Hungarian Higher Education Act disability covers persons with: visual impairment (blindness, low vision, partial sight); hearing impairment (deafness, hard of hearing, cochlea implant); physical disability;specific learning difficulties and neurodevelopmental disorders (dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD); speech impairment or language disorders​; autism-spectrum disorder.

If you have specific questions or need other special help, please contact us at the following email address: