Tax ID number

Scholarship holder students need a Hungarian Tax ID number in order to receive the stipend on their bank account and to be able to work in Hungary (in case they want to get a part-time job).
Self-financing students need a Hungarian Tax ID number only if they get a part-time job.

Required documents:

Tax ID cards are prepared at the National Tax and Customs Administration (3525, Miskolc, Kazinczy Ferenc u. 19.). English is spoken so you can arrange the application without your mentor.
First you have to make an online appointment then visit the office with the required documents.
In case of questions, contact the mentor coordinator, Ms Nada Youssef (email:

Map to the National Tax and Customs Administration: